10 WAYS TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE
Since starting Beautini I’ve struggled to find ways to stay focused and be as productive as possible. Naturally it is still a work in progress but below are a few ways I found to be very effective.
1. Get up an hour earlier. I find when I wake up early and arrive to the office before everyone I feel a lot more refreshed by the time 9AM rolls around.
2. Use Sunday evenings for planning the week. This way you aren’t spending all of Monday catching up.
3. Just say no. You cannot do everything so don’t try. Focus only on what is going to better your company.
4. Outsource things you shouldn’t waste time on. Time is money. Example: Outsource your laundry if you take an entire night cleaning your clothes each week.
5. Each week write a list of 1-3 objectives you want to achieve. Then throughout the week ask yourself “is what I’m doing right now getting me closer to what I want to achieve?”
6. Plan your day according to the most important, biggest task, not the smallest and easiest. It’s much easier answering a bunch of emails during the day rather than creating a new website, but they both need to get done.
7. Avoid mid-day meetings at all costs. For meetings, always know what your “ASK” is going to be. What is the outcome of the meeting you are looking for? That is how you will know what the next step will be.
8. Play motivating upbeat music while working to keep your energy levels high. Perhaps a few cups of coffee too.
9. Don’t check your email every other second. Designate times to work on emails and when to focus on other aspects of your job. The only exception would be if you are working on a business deal to formalize or if it’s PR related.
10. Stop procrastinating and just DO it!
Hope this helps!
(Photo: Stephan Tang Photography )