Well guys… I’m back for another Beauty with B. Lo post for Little Miss Party! This week, I’m teaching you guys how to do the perfect smokey eye, which is the most requested makeup look I get from my clients. A smokey eye is extremely versatile and extremely flattering on everyone, so it makes sense that it is so popular!
Seri and the rest of the LMP ladies were getting ready for a New Years Eve photo shoot for their Holiday cards, so even though the shoot was in November, they wanted looks that were festive and Holiday-appropriate. Seri and I decided on a smokey eye look, and I got to work. Here’s how you can do it yourself…
HOW TO CREATE THE PERFECT SMOKEY EYE
1) Create a base by brushing the entire eyelid with a neutral eye shadow, matching your skin tone.
2) On the outer edges of each lid, brush a dark grey shadow, sweeping inward towards the center of the eyelid so that the shadow is darkest on the outer edge and gets lighter towards the middle.
3) Line each eyelid with a liquid eye liner, only on the top. On Seri, I used Stila’s Stay All Day Liquid Waterproof Liner in Carbon Black.
4) Coat the upper and lower lashes with mascara – I used a mascara brush, but you can totally use your regular mascara wand if you prefer!
5) Line the outer edges of your eyes with an eyeliner pencil in black, making the line thicker than that of your liquid eyeliner.
6) Using an angled liner brush, smudge your pencil liner into the outer corners of your eye, both on the top and bottom of your eye. This will aid in creating the “smokey” look.
7) Using a clean shadow brush, sweep under the eye to clean up any stray liner or shadow. You may also sweep some powder concealer to brighten the under eye area if necessary!
Happy Holidays, and I hope your smokey eye party look is a hit!
Until next time…